Tara westover's Educated book Quotes

    Quotes of  Educated Book By  Tara Westover





"But vindication has no power over guilt. No amount of anger or rage directed at others can subdue it, because guilt is never about them. Guilt is the fear of one’s own wretchedness. It has nothing to do with other people."

-Tara Westover, Educated



"All I had to do was swap my memories for theirs, and I could have my family."

-Tara Westover, Educated.



"I would never again be made a foot soldier in a conflict I did not understand."

-Tara Westover, Educated.



"But sometimes I think we choose our illnesses because they benefit us in some way."

-Tara Westover, Educated.



"You are not fool’s gold, shining only under a particular light. Whomever you become, whatever you make yourself into, that is who you always were."

-Tara Westover, Educated.



"It’s strange how you give the people you love so much power over you, I had written in my journal. But Shawn had more power over me than I could possibly have imagined. He had defined me to myself, and there’s no greater power than that."

-Tara Westover, Educated.



"I could tolerate any form of cruelty better than kindness. Praise was poison to me; I choked on it."


-Tara Westover, Educated.



"Curiosity is a luxury for the financially secure."


-Tara Westover, Educated.



"An education is not so much about making a living as making a person."


-Tara Westover, Educated.



"I am not the child my father raised, but he is the father who raised her."

-Tara Westover, Educated.



"The skill was learning was a crucial one, the patience to read things I could not yet understand."

-Tara Westover, Educated.



"I began to experience the most powerful advantage of money: the ability to think of things besides money."


-Tara Westover, Educated.


"First find out what you are capable of, then decide who you are."

-Tara Westover.


"Whoever you become, whatever you make yourself into, that is who you always were."

-Tara Westover, Educated.



"This is a magical place,” I said. “Everything shines here.” “You must stop yourself from thinking like that,” Dr. Kerry said, his voice raised. “You are not fool’s gold, shining only under a particular light. Whomever you become, whatever you make yourself into, that is who you always were. It was always in you. Not in Cambridge. In you. You are gold. And returning to BYU, or even to that mountain you came from, will not change who you are. It may change how others see you, it may even change how you see yourself—even gold appears dull in some lighting—but that is the illusion. And it always was."

-Tara Westover, Educated.



Post a Comment

0 Comments